Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- State Bar of California, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2018
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Los Angeles, California, Juris Doctor, 2017. Recipient of USC Law Alumni Scholarship.
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, 2013, B.A., Philosophy, Politics and Law, magna cum laude. Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, Dean Joan Metcalf Schaefer Scholarship, USC Wall of Scholars.
Alison Spirito, Associate
Born in Los Angeles, California, Alison graduated from the University of Southern California in 2013 with B.A. in Philosophy, Politics and Law and minor in Spanish (Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude). She graduated from USC Gould School of Law with a J.D. in 2017.
Alison represents clients in divorce, parentage, and estate planning matters. She enjoys working with clients, learning about their children and financial goals, and counseling them on their options so they can make informed decisions that are right for them.
Alison is an executive committee member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)’s Barristers/Young Attorneys Section, where she serves as co-chair of the membership committee and as a liaison to LACBA’s Family Law Section. Alison is also co-chair of the South Bay Bar Association’s Family Law Section and a volunteer attorney at LACBA’s Domestic Violence Legal Services Project.
During law school, Alison was a law clerk at McGaughey & Spirito. She was also a summer associate in 2015 and 2016 at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, a large civil litigation firm based in downtown Los Angeles. In 2016, Alison was a judicial extern at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse serving the Honorable B. Scott Silverman in family court.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- South Bay Bar Association (SBBA) – Co-chair of SBBA’s Family Law Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) – Executive Committee member of LACBA’s Barristers/Young Attorneys Section (co-chair of membership committee and liaison to LACBA’s Family Law Section)
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association– member
- Collaborative Divorce California- member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Domestic Violence Legal Services Project, Volunteer Attorney (2017- present)
- University of Southern California, Young Alumni Council, Executive Committee (2018- 2020), Ambassador (2017-2018)
Select Lectures and Publications
- Authored an article titled "The Rise of Parentage Cases and Collaborative Co-Parenting", published on the Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association’s blog, June 10, 2020.
- Authored an article titled "The ‘Collaboration Generation’ Will Make Good Family Lawyers", published in Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine, January 2020 edition.
- Authored an article titled "The Collaboration Generation: Millennials & Collaborative Practice", published on LinkedIn on June 12, 2019.
- Presented Judge George Bird and Commissioner Doreen Boxer at the South Bay Bar Association’s Event, "Criminal and Family Law Restraining Orders: Practical tips from the Bench." May 16, 2019
- Co-authored an article titled "Improving the Mental Health of Children in Divorce," published in the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Family Law Symposium Reference Book (May 2017-present)
- Spoke to volunteers at the Caring House, a hospice board and care facility, about the intersection of estate planning issues and end of life care on January 22, 2018