Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support (Modifications)
- Spousal Support (Modifications)
- Custody & Visitation Rights
- Domestic Violence/Restraining Orders
- California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2003
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, 2003 – J.D.
- University of California Santa Barbara, 1997 – B.A. Psychology
Erin McGaughey, Partner
Born in Los Angeles, California, Erin graduated from the University of California Santa Barbara (B.A. in Psychology 1997) and Loyola Law School (J.D. 2003).
Erin joined McGaughey & Spirito’s team of Redondo Beach family lawyers in 2003. She handles primarily litigated cases, including cases involving complex custody issues, financial issues, or business interests. Erin is a Certified Family Law Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California. In addition, Erin has been trained in and practicing collaborative law since 2006, providing a spectrum of solutions to draw from for each client, whether in a collaborative or general dissolution process.
Erin was named a Super Lawyer Rising Star from 2011 through 2013, a distinction provided to the top 2.5% of attorneys in Southern California. Erin has been selected by her peers to the Southern California Super Lawyers list (2017 to present) and The Best Lawyers In America list for 2020 for the practice area of Family Law. Erin is a former president of the South Bay Bar Association and is currently a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association Family Law Section’s Executive Committee.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Family Law Section’s Executive Committee
- Los Angeles County Bar Association- Member
- South Bay Bar Association – Past President
- A Better Divorce
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association
Recent Select Lectures and Publications
- Panelist at Collaborative Practice California Celebration XIV “It’s Been 50 Years of No-Fault Divorce in California. No Fault? Really?- Managing Client Expectations When They are Not Acknowledged by California Law” April 27, 2019.
- Co-Chair of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s event, “Bridging the Gap,” an all day seminar to assist young lawyers transition from law student to legal professional, March 30, 2019 and April 7, 2018.
- Quoted in Daily Journal regarding family law judicial officer, July 16, 2018.
- Presenter of Collaborative divorce principles to Financial Planning Association of Los Angeles, June 2018.
- Featured Speaker at St. John Fisher Career Day Event, May 17, 2018.
- Featured in Palos Verdes Peninsula News article, “Attorneys to honor mediator“, February 3, 2016.