Born in Fort Worth, Texas, Lauren received a B.A. in Spanish from Washington University in St. Louis in 2007 and a J.D. from Duke University School of Law in 2010.
Lauren started her career as an attorney as associate at McGaughey & Spirito, and she became a partner with the firm in 2019. She litigates diverse family law matters, including complex custody and financial issues. Lauren is also highly adept at settling intricate and difficult cases.
She completed collaborative law training Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association and 40-hour intensive mediation training with Forrest S. Mosten.
In 2019, the California Board of Legal Specialization designated Lauren as a Certified Family Law Specialist. In 2020, Lauren was one of five family law attorneys in the state to be appointed to the California Board of Legal Specialization Working Group.
In 2021 Lauren was named a Super Lawyer Rising Star, a distinction provided to the top 2.5% of attorneys in Southern California.
Lauren is a member of the Family Law Section and the Barristers/Young Members Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. She is also a member of the Young Lawyers Section of the South Bay Bar Association.
In her free time, Lauren fosters and rehabilitates dogs pulled from shelters in Southern California.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- South Bay Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section – Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section and Barristers/Young Lawyers Membership Committee – Member
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Custody & Visitation Rights
- California, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2011
- Duke University School of Law, 2010 – J.D.
- Washington University in St. Louis, 2007 – B.A. in Spanish