Areas of Practice
- Family Law: child support services matters (i.e. establishment or modification of support, paternity, arrears, tax intercept issues, license, and passport reissuance), and retirement related divorce issues such as QDROs (Qualified Domestic Relations Orders)
- Personal injury: automobile accidents and injuries
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, 1982 – J.D.
- Concordia University, 1978 – M.B.A.
- McGill University, 1977 – Bachelor of Commerce
Steven P. Spitzer, Associate
Born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Steven graduated from McGill University in 1977 with a Bachelor of Commerce (high honors); graduated from Concordia University (M.B.A., 1978); and graduated from Loyola Law School (J.D., 1982).
Steven joined the team of Redondo Beach family lawyers at McGaughey & Spirito in 1991. He is a member of the State Bar of California and South Bay Bar Association. He served as a mediator at the Los Angeles Superior Court and South Bay Bar Association Chairperson, Family Law Section. The cornerstone of Steven's practice is related to the division of retirement plans, matters involving the Child Support Services Department, and assisting his colleagues with challenging issues. He has been a moderator and participant in panel presentations with Los Angeles County Child Support Services Department Attorneys.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of California
- South Bay Bar Association – Member
Select Recent Speaking Engagements
- Presented Louise Nixon of QDRO Counsel LLC at a South Bay Bar Association event on division of retirement plans and QDROs.
- 49th Annual Family Law Symposium- moderated and posed questions to panel of three attorneys from the Los Angeles County Department of Child Support Services and a Title IV-D Commissioner in regard to issues pertaining to the establishment, collection, and enforcement of child support.
- Presented Mark Tubbiola of Millerd Actuarial Services, Inc. at a South Bay Bar Association event on the use of Actuarial Valuations and the division of retirement plans in a dissolution of marriage.