Areas of Practice
- Business & Commercial Law
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Law
- Trust Administration
- Probate & Estate Administration
- California, 1978
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1979
- University of Southern California Law Center, Los Angeles, California, 1966 – J.D.
- Stanford University, Stanford, California, 1963 – B.A.
- Slater v. Lawyer’s Mutual Insurance Company, 227 Cal.App.3d 1415 (1991)
- Bentz Plumbing & Heating v. Favaloro, 128 Cal.App.3d 145 (1982)
Terence McGaughey, Partner
Born in Los Angeles, California in 1941, Terence graduated from Stanford University in 1963 and the University of Southern California Law School in 1966.
Terence served four years (1966 through 1970) as a Special Agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in San Antonio and Austin, Texas; and Denver and Colorado Springs, Colorado. He returned to Los Angeles in 1970 and spent eight years with Flying Tiger Line (airfreight airline) working with customs agencies in the U.S. and overseas and other regulatory agencies. He has been in private practice in the Los Angeles area since 1978. Terence worked at Tremaine, Shenk, Stroud & Robbins in downtown Los Angeles from 1978 to 1990 and was managing partner of that firm from 1985 through 1990. He formed McGaughey & Spirito in Torrance, California in 1990.
Active in various community organizations, including the Society of Former Special Agents of the F.B.I. and the Stanford Club of Palos Verdes-South Bay (Past President in 1990), Terence is a member of the Los Angeles and South Bay Bar Associations as well as the State Bar of California.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Society Former Special Agents, FBI – Member
- South Bay County Bar Association – Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Member
- State Bar of California – Member
- Stanford Club of Palos Verdes-South Bay – Past President in 1990
Past Employment Positions
- Federal Bureau of Investigation – Special Agent, 1966 – 1970
- Flying Tiger Line: 1970-1978 – Director of Facilitation
- Tremaine, Shenk, Stroud & Robbins – Managing Partner (1985-1990), 1978 – 1990
- Phi Delta Phi