How Do I Get Custody Of My Child(ren)?

You will need to file a request with the court for orders regarding custody of your minor children. Upon receiving your request, the court will set a date for a hearing on the matter. Your request will need to be served on your spouse in advance of the hearing. Your spouse will have an opportunity to respond to the material contained in your request. The court will consider the information you have provided in your request, as well as the information provided by your spouse in response to your request. At the hearing on your request for custody orders, the court may ask you and your spouse questions to further clarify the facts of your case. The court may have a mental health professional help the court with its decision regarding custody of your minor children.